Friday, May 18, 2007

How's the Sound Out There?

Well, this guy, Brendt, whose unusually-spelled name makes it seem vaguely familiar to my eyes, has posted an interesting little essay about the first interview he ever did -- for a now-defunct on-line Christian music magazine. Guess who his first interviewee was?

Since I'm posting this information here, you've probably guessed by now.

Okay, enough of the suspense -- it was Carolyn! Right before the release of her first album (all together now: I Can Hear You) and her first tour (with -- let's proclaim in unison -- Rich Mullins and Ashley Cleveland) he got to interview her for three hours.

I'd like to find that interview someday. Of course, I'd also like to know what the missing six verses of "Seize the Day" sounded like, too.

Ah well, go to the link and give it a read. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool posting from Brendt. I posted a followup to you, requesting the Carolyn interview. He linked the Rich Mullins interview, which I haven't read yet.
Pretty neat to read the first interviews of an "up and coming" new star.

That's our Carolyn!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I linked to the Rich interview and will dig up the Carolyn interview.

By the way, the "unusually-spelled name" comment made me smile. My folks couldn't decide between Brent and Brandt, so they combined the two, and I've been a walking misspelling for 40 years now. ;-)

I have since found that "Brendt" is common in Europe. But I think I'm the only one in North America.

Anonymous said...

As there's often a good cross-section between Rich and Carolyn fans, you might be interested in this story too.

Justine said...

Hi Brendt!

Thanks for all your effort in digging up the Carolyn Arends interview. VM and I really appreciate it!

And thanks for the Rich Mullins post link and interview link, too. You're right that there is a lot of overlap in the pool of CA and RM fans. In fact, I first heard Carolyn sing on the Rich Mullins tribute CD.

I must have seen your stuff before, for your name to look so familiar to me -- perhaps back in the day on the "Lighthouse" site?

Anyway, thanks for all the good stuff you're putting out there!