Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas . . .

. . . At least for this Carolyn Arends fan!

(Okay, that's the second ellipsis-ladened post introduction that I've used in a row on this blog. I'll restrain myself in the future.)

I just got the "green light" this morning from my church to book Carolyn for a Christmas concert in December. My cup runneth over! So, the tentative date is December 9, waiting only to be signed off on by the Big C herself. Merry Christmas to me and everyone else at Calvary Chapel South!

What a delightful way to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! I wonder if we can coax a divergence from seasonal offerings for just one song and request the "resurrection song" that I heard at Barnabas. Or, is that too much of a Christmas hope? It may indeed suit, because, though we celebrate the Holy Birth, the shadow of the crucifixion and joy of the resurrection are always waiting just beyond the stable doors.

Early Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! How Exciting!! That would be the week after she's booked for Ottawa. Although your travel prospects to the concert are probably more certain than mine, given the time of year.

You know that I will be ther is spirit to celebrate the event which you have desired for ever so long.

Next stop.....Vermont :)

Mark.D said...

Hey, no fair! Too far from Chicago!

Anonymous said...

I called dibs first :P

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least Chicago is kinda on the way from Washington to Vermont.

Meanwhile, we languish here in Georgia.

I miss my friend. You never forget your first (interview).