Monday, May 19, 2008

Carolyn's New Newsblog and Other Sundry Things

Here is a new feature at Carolyn's site: A Newsblog.


It seems a little superfluous to me, but I suppose it will take the place of the "News" section on her homepage.


Re. our adding a chat room or message board to this site: We have not had a lot of new visitors -- at least not many that have made their presences known by a) commenting or b) signing the guest book. So, I'm thinking maybe we should hold off on either option. I'm more inclined toward a chat room eventually, since we could post a meet-up time on the blog without having a message board. And, Carolyn may be adding all this back to her own site anyway, making anything here redundant.


Carolyn's been posting a lot over at Conversant Life. Good stuff. Her essay for Christianity Today's May issue, "The Grace of Wrath," has provoked some controversy from readers. I've been trying to compose my own comments for many a day now, but have been side-tracked by pressing home concerns from actually formulating a coherent response.

Carolyn's Brother's Band: This is a little O/T, but I wanted to let you know that I got The Clumsy Lover's latest album, Smart Kid, from Feed the Lake, and it is remarkable. The only other TCL CD I have is Barnburner, which I enjoy, but this recent addition far surpasses t'other. I'm hoping to write a review of it over at FTL when I've given it a few more listens. Wonderful songwriting -- quirky, humorous, profound, intriguing -- and some of the most original and exuberant musical arrangements to be found. A superb collection! I heartily recommend it -- and would even if it didn't have a song on it co-written by Joy Jonat, Carolyn Arends, and Chris Jonat (God showered talent on that family!).

I hope all is well in the rest of Arends Fandom. We're holding up our end in the PNW as best we can. Blessings!

1 comment:

Justine said...

Ultimate Geekdom: Leaving the first comment on your own post. But, I'm too lazy to edit it, so I'll just add on my new info.

I think the new Newsblog takes the place of the "Notes from Carolyn" section that used to be on the message board. It looks like it is stuff from Carolyn, not merely about Carolyn. And, as such, is not superfluous.

Okey-dokey! Much love to all!