Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thinking of Moving the Fan Blog to Wordpress -- Any Thoughts?

Got this cool, casual pic from Roy Salmond's site.



Hmmm . . . Blogger "accidentally" killed this post the first time I tried to publish it.

So, anyway, I am thinking of moving the fan blog from Blogger to Wordpress, because there are some features over at Wordpress that Blogger does not offer and I think will suit this blog well.

If we're moving, this would be a good time to change the name of this blog, and I'm looking for suggestions from fellow fans -- esp. my cohorts: vermonster, MarkD., and Richard.

We can have some fun with this, so let your imaginations run wild.

The world and I await your ideas.

Peace!

3 comments:

Chad Bowers said...

Hi Justine, I'm new to these parts.
I really don't know too much about wordpress, but I know that the blogger has come a long way in the 3 yrs I have been on it. What kind of features does wp offer?

Justine said...

Hi Chad!

Thanks for coming by.

The main feature on Wordpress that I liked for this blog was that you can have multiple webpages. That would enable us to embed our guestbook and (if we ever get one) a chat room right into the blog, rather than their being hosted on another site. Wordpress's templates seem a little easier to customize, too (a big plus, since I am no webbish wizard by any stretch of the imagination).

I do agree that Blogger has done a lot of cool upgrades over the years; I just wish it allowed for multiple pages (I'd be willing to pay for this feature).

Good to hear from you!

Chad Bowers said...

The multiple webpages sounds great, I don't ususally think beyond my little blog-chat rooms etc., But that does sound pretty good.
Great work on the blog, by the way.
I've always loved Carolyn's music, I've got it all, and like to keep up with stuff she's doin'.
chad